Spring is finally here…At least for now.
Spring is a time for clearing out the old to make room for new growth in your garden , your surroundings and yourself! Take some time to rejuvinate yourself, walk outside and see the Spring flowers in Bloom. Connect with Nature and relax in the warmth of the sun. Even a few minutes outside will elevate your mental alertness and bring down your stress level.
We had to cancel our March Workshop on clearing clutter with Susan, but we have included an article on that subject for you still in time to help you get your clutter in order.
Susan is still available for booking Reiki , Asian bodywork and personal readings, and is available most Sunday afternoons.
We have added a new therapist this Spring, Cindy Hyzy who is a 35 year veteran in massage therapy and is trained in lymphatic drainage, Reiki , hot stone massage and of course therapeutic massage. You may read about her on our therapist page.
We have also recently added the ability book your appointment on line on our website. Some of you have already been using this feature, and we have been getting very positive comments from our clients on it’s convenience and ease of use. Give it a try, and let us know how you like it.
This is a special month for our clients who are Nurses, Nurse’s Week is this first week in May, so we would like to say a big “THANK YOU” to our Nurses for all that you do . Essential Healing and Massage will be at Cadence Health this week to help in appreciating these wonderful people, providing chair massage for them at their location.
If any of our clients are regular users on Yelp or google plus, we would appreciate a review from you! It truly helps our business and helps other potential clients to make a decision on where they decide to book their massage.
Grilled Apricots with Burrata, Country Ham and Arugula
see original recipe in Food and Wine
- 1 1/4 pounds apricots, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/2 pound burrata cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces shaved country ham
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the apricots with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, cut sides down, just until lightly charred, 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss in the apricots, radicchio and arugula. Transfer to a platter and top with the burrata, ham and vinegar. Serve.